Aviation is a new society which will be starting from the 2020/2021 academic year. We will start taking membership from the 1st of August.
The Aviation Society will be a place where students from all over the University can come to share and develop their understanding of the constantly growing, complicated world of Aviation. Members will have the opportunity to take part in both Social and Educational events that will be put on by the committee. These events will be designed to create new friendship groups within the university whilst allowing students to expand their knowledge of a field that they are passionate about.
Our aims are:
- To bring people together from a variety of courses to share their love and experiences within Aviation.
- - To ensure that members voices are heard and discussed regularly so that the society can constantly adapt to changes in expectations set by its members
- - By using partnerships already set up between the university Aviation team and industry specialists, we plan to not only provide a place for members to generate ideas but for them to experience unique opportunities with industry professionals.
Our objectives are:
- - To create a series of events throughout the year where members can earn points for events that they take part in making them eligible for a landmark event that will take part at the end of the year.
- - To ensure that members have the opportunity to take part in at least 2 social events per semester.