The Society shall have the following aims:
- Overall the society is designed to foster a better understanding of what Freemasonry is, how it supports society and how it promotes self-improvement.
- For those students who are interested in becoming Masons, it will provide the contact details of local groups (‘Lodges’) for them to consider, but there are no expectations from either an interested student or Lodge, that any member of the society will become a Mason unless they desire it.
- We will aim to be sustainable by having 3 or 4 students, who are going to be at University for the next academic year, running the society so that they can learn and then pass the role down.
The Society shall have the following objectives:
- To run events designed to allow for open discussion, exploration, and understanding of what Freemasonry is, challenging misconception and looking at how Freemasonry has evolved through history.
- To communicate regularly with the members via email and social media to encourage them to take part in events which are running over the year.
- To provide education and advice about Freemasonry.