Beds SU's New way of doing Democracy: Union Parliament
A full calendar for Union Parliament will be coming shortly!
What's its purpose?
The purpose of the Union Council meetings will be to act as a forum for all elected officers to come together to:
- represent the voice of the students;
- identify key needs and wants of the student body that they represent;
- make, repeal and amend the bylaws jointly with the Trustees on matters of the management of the Union and its working practice (in accordance with the Memorandum and Articles of Association);
- receive a quarterly report from the Trustees.
So, in essence, this is the place for you to make your voice heard!
Are you a member?
- As a society committee member, you are EXPECTED to attend Union Parliament
- Each society will get one vote at Union Parliament, this will be given to your Chairperson- if they cannot make it it is their responsibility to let us know who they wish to pass their vote to- (this must be another elected committee member)
- Union Parliament is open to all students to observe
How does it work?
- Union Parliament will be held at least once a term- however, we are aiming for once per month!
- There will always be a way for you to input your ideas online
- The standard agenda is:
- Apologies for absence
- Accepting the agenda/declarations of interest
- Minutes from the previous meeting
- Matter arising not covered elsewhere on the agenda
- Officer Trustee reports and questions
- Reports from the Council Chairs
- Any Other Business
- Date and time of next meeting