Throughout this document, the following definitions will be used:
- ‘Website’ refers to www.bedssu.co.uk
- ‘We’, ‘Our’ or ‘Us’ refers to Beds SU
- ‘You’ or ‘Your’ refers to the person accessing or using the Website
Terms and Conditions
- This Website is provided by Beds SU. The use of the Website is governed by these Terms and Conditions and such other documents referred to herein. By using the Website, you signify that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not use the Website.
- Beds SU reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Any substantial changes will be notified by posting a prominent notice on the Website.
- This Website and any information or other material contained in it are made available to you strictly on the basis that you accept it on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis. As such, Beds SU makes no warranties, representations or undertakings in relation to:
- any of the content of the Website (including, without limitation, any as to the quality, accuracy, completeness, or fitness for any particular purpose of such content); or
- any content of any other third-party website referred to or accessed by hypertext link through the Website.
- You should ensure that you have appropriate protection against viruses and other security arrangements in place whilst using the Internet. We make no guarantees that the Website is free from computer viruses. It is strongly recommended that you check for such viruses before downloading the Website or its contents.
- Links to third-party websites are for your convenience only. Such websites are operated and controlled by third parties and their inclusion does not imply any endorsement or approval by Beds SU of such websites in any way.
- Where you rely on any information or other material contained in this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and you accept that all warranties, conditions and undertakings, express or implied, whether by common law, statute, trade usage, course of dealings or otherwise in respect of this Website are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. We exclude all liability whatever, to the fullest extent permitted by law, in respect of any loss or damage resulting or arising from any non-availability or use of this Website or of any other website linked to it, or from reliance on the contents of this Website or any material or content accessed through it.
- For the avoidance of doubt we own or are licensed to use all intellectual property rights in and to this Website and all technical infrastructure relating to it. This Website is protected by Copyright and the Copyright, Trademarks, logos and Intellectual Property rights for the content of this Website are the property of Beds SU. Any use, printing or copying of materials on this Website, other than in the course of browsing, is strictly prohibited. Any framing of this Website is prohibited. You may view or download any part of the Website for private purposes, but you are not permitted, without our express permission, to:
- store the Website, or any part of the Website, for any other purpose;
- print copies of the Website, or any part of the Website, for any other purpose;
- reproduce, copy or transmit the Website, or any part of the Website, in any way, for any other purpose or in any other medium.
All other rights which are not specifically granted are reserved.
- You agree that the Website is available for your personal, non-commercial use only. You agree that no materials of any kind submitted by You, will violate, or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights; or contain libellous, defamatory, or otherwise unlawful material.
- Beds SU does not monitor individual submissions posted onto the Website by users, but will respond as quickly as possible to any complaints received from users who object to the nature of such content. Where such complaints are found to be justified, Beds SU reserves the right to use, disclose or remove any information or materials without notice or compensation. If you wish to complain about any content appearing on the Website please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The materials posted by users do not necessarily reflect the views of Beds SU. Beds SU expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for any material communicated by third parties through this Website.
- By posting materials to the Website, you authorise Beds SU to use and/or authorise others to use any such materials in any manner or medium. You may not advertise or solicit on the Website without Beds SU’s expressed permission.
- Any competitions or contests that Beds SU may conduct will not be available to employees of Beds SU or the University of Bedfordshire.
Online Shopping Policies
Ticket(s) Redemption and entry
Any event ticket purchases for Beds SU events will be added to your account and are available to be redeemed using your Student ID card or production of ticket purchase confirmation email on entrance to our venues. Please note that you will be requested to verify your identity with your Student ID card on entrance to events in our venues. Should your Student ID card be lost or stolen, another certified form of ID such as a passport or driving licence may be used (please note that you student status will be checked and verified), however this is at the discretion of the manager on duty. Please contact us for further advice (email@example.com).
Entry to Beds SU events is subject to adherence with our venues admission and behavioural policy. We reverse right to refuse entry or remove access to our events at any time.
By the purchase of tickets to our events you give the express permission of all ticket holders to use their actual or simulated likeness within any film, photograph, video, audio and/or audio-visual recording in relation to the event.
- All tickets purchased are non-refundable, non-transferable, and non- exchangeable.
- No refunds will be issued for incorrectly purchased tickets.
- Beds SU reserves the right to alter the line-up to any event advertised events without any prior notice. An alteration to the event line-up does not constitute a cancellation and would not entitle you to a refund under these circumstances.
- Tickets are only refundable if an event is cancelled. In the unlikely event of an event being cancelled, ticket refunds will be issued automatically to the account of which you purchased your tickets. Please note this can take up to 14 working days.
- No refunds will be issued due to non-compliance with our events venues admission and behavioural policy.
Should you have any enquiries regarding your ticket purchase please email us.
Society & Group Memberships
You can cancel your membership to a society or group within 14 working days of joining to receive a full refund. Your membership of the Union's student groups is conditional on your proper conduct and therefore can be withdrawn if you breach our values, policies or codes of practice. Please read the Members Codes of Practice.
Your Personal Details
Emails and their attachments are confidential to the ordinary user of the email address to which it was addressed and to Beds SU, and must not be copied, disclosed, or distributed without the prior authorisation of the sender.
Although every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in the email and its attachments, Beds SU cannot guarantee its accuracy or currency.
All correspondence and documentation passing between respective organisations or individuals shall remain subject to contract until such time as a formal agreement is signed and exchanged.