Beds SU is the official Students' Union of the University of Bedfordshire, helping every student get the most out of their university experience. We campaign on issues that students care about, as well as providing lots of opportunities for students to meet new people, develop their skills, campaign for change and try something new.
We are an ambitious bunch and we are proud of our achievements. To help us continue to drive our organisation forward in achieving it strategic goals, we look for talented, enthusiastic and inspiring individuals to join the team.
Beds SU is committed to diversity and inclusion amongst its staff, reflecting the communities it serves. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications for vacant positions from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Our permanent staff roles come with a range of great benefits, including:
- Great flexible working arrangements
- Opportunities to work from home
- Opt-in healthcare scheme
- Up to 13 concessionary days off on top of your annual holiday allowance (20 days), including your birthday
- An extra 10 days of paid leave to participate in community volunteering work
- Excellent personal and professional development opportunities
- Free TOTUM discount card
- Free morning Starbucks Coffee
Find out more about us
Click on the links below for more information about who we are and why we are so passionate about the work we do.
- Our Strategic Plan 2021-25 - We want to connect with our student members like never before to ensure they benefit from engaging with their students’ union in their educational journey.
- Our Impact 2021-22 - A look at our achievements and the impact we have had on the student members we represent.
- Student Insight - Find out more about our student members and their views on university life.
- View our Recruitment Commitment - We believe a fair recruitment process is the best way to find the right person for the job.
- Environmental and Ethical Commitment - We are committed to going above and beyond just simply compliance when it comes to sustainability.
We recruit into four types of roles:
- Permanent Roles - full-time positions aimed at both local, national and international applicants
- Internships - full-time positions aimed at both local, national and international applicants
- Student Staff - Part time flexible employment available to current University of Bedfordshire students
- Unpaid Roles - Volunteering opportunities within the SU such as external trustees.
The following templates may be needed to complete an application: