By Beds SU
Wednesday, 8 November 2023
Your new reps!
Your votes have been cast and counted and we are delighted to announce that the following students have been elected to represent you;
- Disability Network Rep - Omolola Ajala
- BAME Network Rep - Fatima Mohamed
- NUS Liberation Delegate: Black Student - Izuchukwu Stephen Azubuike
- NUS Liberation Delegate: Woman - Birinder Kaur
Our Sabbatical Team are also pleased to say that they have approved the expression of interest for Patrick Tugbe to act as your Aylesbury Campus Rep.
Congratulations and thanks to all! We are very excited to be working with all the reps to enhance the student voice.
You still have a chance to get involved...
We are still looking for two NUS Delegates to work alongside the two we already have. It's a great opportunity to work with fellow students, boost key skills and enhance your employability. The NUS Conference offers the chance to meet like minded students from across the UK, network and talk about the issues that affect everyone.
New petitions - give us your feedback, vote NOW
Petitions are student-led ideas that are important to our students. They present an opportunity to put forward an idea and then vote on whether it should be taken forward.
When a petition gains enough support from the student body, the SU commits to taking it forward to try and make change happen.
Here are out two ongoing petitions:
AI is accepted in the workplace, but not on my course? This petition is now open for consultation. Give us your feedback and let us know how you feel about AI in your student experience.
Bedford parking was and should remain FREE for students. Tell us what you feel about this and decide whether or not it should progress by either clicking 'Thumbs Up' if you are in favour of the idea, or, 'Thumbs Down' if you do not wish to support this.
We are happy to announce the following wins for this month thanks to YOUR feedback:
- We have been able to source a microwave and a fridge for the Aylesbury Campus. This is important for students on that campus and they can now cook and store items safely.
- We recently welcomed Food First to the Luton Campus who were able to give away over 1200 pieces of kitchen equipment to students! More on this link
- In the last 3 weeks we have trained 103 individual Course Rep! All in place to make your student life better!