Could you see yourself working at the heart of your student community? Championing and supporting the voices of your 16,000 fellow students and driving forward the changes they are looking for? Find out more about what being part of the Elections involves and apply today to take part in the forthcoming Student Elections
Executive Officer Roles
Approx. £20,000 annual salary | Full-Time | Offices on Luton and Bedford Campus
The Exec Officer positions are open to all University of Bedfordshire students, in any year of study. If elected, you will be required to take a year out from your studies. In return, you will have a unique chance to take on a full-time, paid role (approx £20,000 pa), right at the heart of Beds SU.
The Exec team play a critical role in gathering student feedback on the issues and ideas that matter to them, presenting them to leading figures within the University, including the VC, to push for change.
What’s in it for you?
Not only is this a brilliant opportunity for you to empower the student voice here at the UoB, but on a personal level, you will develop negotiation, communication, organisation and influencing skills which can enhance your CV and employability in the future.
You will be supported, mentored and offered training throughout your year in office by a team of dedicated, experienced professionals across the SU.
Other benefits include...
- £20,000 + annual salary
- 20 days annual leave, plus up to 8 Union closure days and a day off for you birthday
- Up to 10 days away from the office to volunteer
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities to work from home
- Training and development opportunities
- Free TOTUM Student Discounts Card
- Personal Healthcare Scheme
- Subsidised Membership to On-Campus Gym
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Access to 'Bike to Work' Scheme
Here are some of the dates to be aware of in this Election.
> 10 Jan 2022, 10am – Applications Open
Found a role that interests you? Complete an Application Form
> 09 Feb 2022, 4pm – Applications DEADLINE
Applications must be submitted by this date & time
> 28 Feb 2022, 6pm – Voting Opens
Voting for all positions opens and campaigning begins
> 10 March 2022, 4pm – Voting Closes
Campaigning comes to an end and voting closes. The count begins shortly afterwards.
> 11 March 2022, 6pm– Results Announced
Once the votes are counted and verified, the winners are announced.
Interested, but have questions?
Join us for one of our virtual drop in sessions where staff will be on hand to give further guidance, advice and answer any questions.
Drop In Session Details
- Wednesday 12th Jan, 3pm -Join (Teams)
- Monday 17th Jan, 1pm - Join (Teams)
- Thursday 27th Jan, 10am - Join (Teams)
- Tuesday 1st Feb, 4pm - Join (Teams)
- Friday 4th Feb, 2.30pm - Join (Teams)
- Monday 7th Feb, 12pm - Join (Teams)
- Tuesday 8th Feb, 10am - Join (Teams)
You can also email us at email@example.com